Believe it or not, shampoos and conditioners do more than what is printed on the labels. Not only do they condition and cleanse your hair, but they also work wonders in ways you never thought they would. Don’t worry, though, because we will share with you everything you should know about these hair care products.
Do you think your tresses are losing their shine and sheen? Do you want your locks to look gorgeous like it was before? Do you want to keep your hair healthy? Well, the solution to all these concerns is only one product: shampoo.
How to Use a Shampoo
A good quality shampoo can always work magic on your hair, but do you know how to use it properly? If not, simply follow the steps below:
- Before taking a shower, use a wide-toothed comb and gently brush through your hair. By doing this, you can reduce the knots and tangles on your hair.
- Wet your hair with warm water.
- Take an ample amount of your favorite shampoo and massage it gently to your hair.
- Work the shampoo evenly throughout your strands.
- Rinse your hair with cold water to close your hair cuticles.
Common Shampoo Benefits
Of course, we all use shampoos to wash our hair. However, do you know how they benefit our crowning glory?
1. It fights dryness.
Most shampoos are formulated with active moisturizers that prevent dryness and keep your scalp healthy and your tresses beautiful.
2. It relieves itching.
Common shampoos you can purchase at the market are formulated with zinc-based ingredients that relieve itching and leaves your scalp free of dust and dirt that trigger itching.
3. It calms irritations.
Believe it or not, shampoos can help calm irritation and its effects. So when you use them, your hair remains healthy and free of flakes.
4. It reduces redness.
Is your scalp suffering from excessive dryness? Although most shampoos can work against redness, you can also ask a hair care expert for a specific type of shampoo that is formulated to reduce redness.
5. It helps control oils.
Yes, our hair has natural oils that are naturally-produced by the sebum. When there is too much of this oil, your hair will look greasy. To keep this from happening, shampooing is often the best solution.
6. It keeps flakes at bay.
Worried about dandruff and flakes? Try washing your hair with shampoo. Just make sure you don’t use too much. Ideally, wash your hair with it at least three times a week.
7. It makes your hair more gorgeous.
With a proven and tested shampoo, your hair will look great and gorgeous all the time.
A hair conditioner is another popular hair care product. In general, it comes in the form of a thick, creamy texture. It is used to tame your tresses after washing with a shampoo. Like using a shampoo, there is a proper way on how to use a hair conditioner. We have listed them step-by-step below:
- Choose the right type of conditioner that suits your hair type.
- After washing your hair with shampoo, rinse it as you would with cold water.
- Get rid of the excess water from your strands.
- Apply enough amounts of conditioner on your palm and gently massage it through your strands, starting from the mid-lengths to the roots.
- Make sure to avoid the scalp as it may cause your pores to becom clogged.
- Leave the hair conditioner on for three to five minutes.
- Rinse the hair conditioner with cold water.
- Dry your hair with a soft cloth or a cotton shirt.
Common Hair Conditioner Benefits
Regardless of your hair type, it is important that you use a hair conditioner. You will need it to keep your hair healthy and looking good. Add it to your hair care routine and you will notice the results in an instant. What effects are we referring to? Check these out:
1. Tangle-Free Hair
No matter if your hair is wet or dry, a conditioned hair is smooth and easy to comb. When you use a hair conditioner, your hair comb will easily glide through your strands.
2. Smooth, Shiny, and Soft Hair
Most hair conditioners contain natural oils that give your strands a smooth and silky feel. Plus, they are loaded with ingredients that can make hair more manageable.
3. Moisturized Hair
Is your hair feeling dry? Then use a hair conditioner. It has ingredients that will coat your strands and retain the moisture in.
4. No More Static
During the cold days, dry air will cause static electricity to thrive. If this happens, your hair might be at risk. However, if you condition your hair, you need not worry about this!
As you can see, using a shampoo and a hair conditioner gives your hair plenty of benefits. But before you can reap all of them, you should know how to use them properly. Hopefully, this guide has provided you with sufficient information on the uses and benefits of shampoos and conditioners.